What is it about?
The purpose of our Digital Finance Initiative (or DFI) is to help MFIs move into the digital age to improve their organisational, financial and social performance.
With the DFI, institutions can thus:
- Give their clients the opportunity to deposit money on their account and make withdrawals using a telecoms operator’s e-money solution;
- Set up a core banking cloud solution (inviting MFIs to switch all or part of their management system to solutions that use cloud technologies);
- Combine these first two options.
Who can apply?
- Who : The heads and executive managers of MFIs, rural or cooperative banks
- Country : Senegal, Guinea, Mali, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire or Benin
- Size : The institution will serve a minimum 20,000 clients and have a balance sheet total in excess of USD 3 million
Since this program is only made in French, you can go to the French version of the site for more information.