Under the same format as the well known TED conferences, the UNCDF is proposing to renowned specialists to present on the digital revolution which is transforming, changing, and modelling inclusive finance and the developing world.
As part of the SAM, the UNCDF, its Gold Sponsor, will organise an evening event on financial and digital innovations for social inclusion and economic and climate resilience.
This evening contributes to the achievement of UNCDF’s objectives in Burkina Faso through the PARI Programme (Programme to support the economic and climatic resilience of populations in Burkina Faso through financial and digital innovations), which is to ensure that experiences, good practices and lessons learned in the field of financial and digital inclusion are capitalised upon, documented, and disseminated for the inclusion of disadvantaged populations
The objectives of the evening organised by UNCDF, which follows the TED model, and in conjunction with the activities of the African Microfinance Week are as follows:
- Stimulate participants’ reflection on the possibilities that innovations and technology offer to the financial sector;
- To exchange new, factual, realistic and applicable ideas;
- To engage participants in creative thinking around existing and/or potential solutions in order to achieve the SDGs through inclusive finance;
- Emphasize the impact of the ideas brought by the event through a live broadcast and quality videos available on social networks for stakeholders in the entrepreneurial and financial ecosystem at the African level.
5 speakers present a 10-minute pitch before a Q&A session with the public:
- Aiaze Mitha (UNCDF)
- Patricia Zoundi-Yao (UNCDF)
- David Cracknell (UNCDF)
- Euphrasie Kouame (UNCDF)
- Wango Fidèle Yameogo (Secrétaire permanent pour la promotion de la microfinance du Burkina Faso)
- Moderator: Hermann Messan (UNCDF)