Where does SAM take place? Which partner hotels can you stay in at a discounted rate? What is the COVID-19 procedure to get to Kigali? How to get your visa for Rwanda? All the answers to your questions below.
Shuttle planning between partner hotels and the Kigali Convention Centre
Where will SAM take place?
The 5th edition of SAM will take place in Kigali, Rwanda, and more precisely at the Kigali Convention Center (part of the Radisson Blu Hotel). The Radisson Blu is accessible on foot across the footbridge between the two buildings.
This location perfectly reflects the modern and dynamic spirit of Rwanda.
Kigali Convention Center address: KG 2 Roundabout, Kigali, Rwanda.
Hotels in Kigali
The organisers have negotiated preferential prices in the hotels listed below.
To make your reservation, please mention the discount code in your email.
Shuttle buses will provide transport from these hotels to the Kigali Convention Centre.
|Name of the hotel||Negotiated price||How to book||Code to mention|
|Radisson blu (the hotel is connected to the Kigali Convention Center by a footbridge)||150 USD||ADA|
|Hotel Park Inn||100 USD (120 USD for quarantine night)||firstname.lastname@example.org||SAM 21|
|Hotel 1000 Collines||100 USDemail@example.com||SAM 21|
|Ubumwe Grand Hotel||150 USDfirstname.lastname@example.org||SAM10/2021|
|Lemigo Hotel||Standard room 120 USD / De luxe room 150 USDemail@example.com
|LH822/10/21 (Discount valid only from 16 to 22 October 2021)|
|Chez Lando||80 USD||+250788385300
What about the COVID-19 restrictions*?
LATEST NEWS FROM OCTOBER 14th
Fully vaccinated people no longer need to quarantine in their hotels upon arrival in Kigali.
You have bought your SAM ticket and we look forward to meeting you. The doors of SAM will open on Monday 18 October at 8:00 am at the Kigali Convention Centre (located at KG 2 Roundabout in Kigali, next to the Radisson Blu Hotel). Shuttles will be provided from the SAM partner hotels (Park Inn, 1000 Collines, Ubumwe, Lemigo, Chez Lando and Beauséjour) to the Kigali Convention Centre.
In order to best prepare for your arrival, here are a few sanitary rules that you should respect:
For all international participants (from outside Rwanda)
1. To come to Rwanda, you must have a PCR test (whether you are vaccinated or not) and fill in the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) available on the Rwanda Biological Center (RBC) website 72 hours prior to your departure. For this, you will need the results of your PCR test performed 72 hours before your arrival at Kigali airport, your flight number and your hotel reservation. Other tests, such as rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs), are not accepted.
2. Upon arrival at Kigali airport, you will be required to perform a second PCR test (saliva test) at a cost of USD 60 (USD 50 for the screening test and USD 10 for the airport logistics service). You have the option of paying for this test online (this is offered at the end of the PLF), or directly at the airport in Kigali. The change for travellers who prefer to pay in cash on arrival will be given in the local currency (Rwandan franc).
3. For the non-vaccinated only: go to your hotel to quarantine until you receive the results of the test carried out at the airport. Note that your hotel must be on the list of hotels eligible for quarantine (this includes almost all hotels in Kigali, including all SAM partner hotels for which ADA has negotiated preferential rates: Radisson Blu, Park Inn, 1000 Collines, Ubumwe, Lemigo, Chez Lando and Beauséjour). The test results usually arrive fairly quickly (within about 8 hours maximum). We therefore recommend that you arrive on Sunday morning if you wish to attend the first day of SAM on Monday. Please note that you will not be notified of the results by e-mail. You will need to log in to the RBC online portal regularly to check if the results have arrived. To log in, you will need your PLF number and your telephone number. The results are in the form of a PDF with a QR code which you will be asked to present at SAM. It is also advisable to keep this document for any trips outside SAM.
4. The current health regulations concerning COVID-19 also require a negative test less than 72 hours old to participate in a conference, whether it is a PCR test or a rapid diagnostic test (RDT). This is why, as of Monday 18 October, the organisers will provide all SAM participants with free rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) on site (2 per person for the duration of SAM), the results of which are delivered within 15 minutes. Please note that these results can also be retrieved from the RBC online portal. Hydroalcoholic gel will be available on site throughout the event as well as masks (2 per person per day). Finally, due to sanitary measures, the rooms can only accommodate 50% of their capacity. Each participant will be asked to respect a social distance of at least 1 metre.
5. In order to best prepare for your return by air, the organisers will also make PCR tests available on site (USD 60 at participants' expense) from Wednesday, 20 October, onwards. This will allow you to have a PCR test less than 72 hours old before your flight. You will then have to find out about the rules in force in your destination country concerning any forms to be completed. Please note that it is also possible to take a PCR test at any time at the Rwanda Biological Center (no appointment necessary).
For all Rwandan participants
The current health regulations concerning COVID-19 require a negative test less than 72 hours old to participate in a conference, whether it is a PCR test or a rapid diagnostic test (RDT). Therefore, on Sunday, 17 October, the organisers will provide free rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) on site at the Kigali Convention Center (located at KG 2 Roundabout in Kigali, adjacent to the Radisson Blu Hotel), with results delivered within 15 minutes. The results, which can be accessed through the dedicated RBC online portal, are in the form of a PDF with a QR code which you will be asked to present at SAM. It is also advisable to keep this document for any travel outside SAM.
To enter the Kigali Convention Center, the authorities at the entrance will have the list of Rwandan participants registered at SAM. You will simply need to present your entry ticket received by e-mail to be able to enter the Kigali Convention Centre and take your test.
*This content is updated regularly according to official information, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. We cannot be held responsible for any changes related to the pandemic situation. Please refer regularly to the Rwandan government website to follow official recommendations.
*We strongly recommend that you come to SAM with your vaccination certificate, in case the authorities impose access to the conference to vaccinated people only.
- Citizens of countries who are members of the following international organisations get a visa upon arrival and visa fees are waived for a stay of 30 days: The African Union, The Commonwealth and La Francophonie • Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Comoros, Canada, Cape Verde, Congo, Cyprus, Dominica, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Fiji, France, Gabon, Grenada, Greece, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, lndia, Jamaica, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Luxembourg, Kiribati, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Moldova, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Remania, Saharawi Arab Republic, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Salomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Switzerland, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Citizens of countries that do not pay entry visa fees while travelling on ordinary, service and diplomatic passports. A citizen of East African Community Member States (Burundi, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania and South Sudan) shall be issued a pass/entry visa to stay for the period of six months.
- Citizens of countries that do not pay entry visa fees while travelling on ordinary passports - The following countries to be granted 90 days valid visa free of charge: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, lndonesia, Haiti, Mauritius, Philippines, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Sierra Leone, State of Qatar and The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis.
- The following countries have entered into Visa Waiver Agreement or made unilateral decision to allow holders of diplomatic and service/official passports to enter without visa requirements - including to pay for visa fees: Angola, Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, lndonesia, lndia, Israel, Haiti, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, People's Republic of China (including Public Affairs passport), Philippines, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, Turkey and United Arab Emirates. The visa will be valid for 90 days.
- 30-day visa upon arrival - Citizens of all countries not mentioned above get a visa upon arrival without prior application and pay the prescribed visa fee.
What does my SAM ticket include?
Your ticket includes access to all five days of the event (18-22 October). You will have access to the two-day conference with renowned speakers and experts in the sector, to the training sessions (pre-registration will be available from 15 September), to the Innovators' Village, to the Investor Fair (aimed at MFIs and investors only) and to the gala dinner with all participants.
Coffee and lunch breaks are also included in the entrance fee during the five days of the event.
Cancellation and refund policy
- In case of cancellation on your own of your participation in the event, no refund will be made.
- If the event is postponed to a later date due to COVID-19, your ticket will remain valid for the next SAM without any additional cost. If you are unable to attend the SAM on the new date proposed, ADA will refund the full amount paid, excluding transport and accommodation costs which will remain on your own.
- In case of a definite cancellation of the event due to force majeure related to COVID-19, ADA will refund the full amount paid.
For any additional questions, please contact us!