What we do
ADA implements inclusive finance projects to strengthen the autonomy of vulnerable people by leveraging inclusive finance to improve their living conditions.
In 2021, ADA:
- strove to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers through improved productivity and access to appropriate financial services (agricultural finance).
- supported young entrepreneurs in launching and growing a business by collaborating with a multitude of actors to provide young entrepreneurs with flexible, tailored financing as well as business skills (support for young entrepreneurs).
- encouraged the adoption of environmentally friendly practices by vulnerable populations by developing green loans with its partner microfinance institutions, in particular to access equipment operated with renewable energy (green microfinance).
- strengthened the microfinance sector on a national and global level by advocating greater transparency, accountability and client protection through the promotion of best practices, adequate oversight and access to reliable information (strangthening the sector).
- acted as an investment advisor for the Luxembourg Microfinance and Development Fund (LMDF). ADA carries out the prospection, selection and the financial and social analysis of innovative and impactful microfinance institutions (investment advice).
- supported the digital transformation of microfinance institutions to enable them to offer their customers digital solutions (digital finance).
Since the start of 2022,
all activities focus on three main topics.